“Rocky Balboa” was released in 2006 as sixth film of Rocky Series, starring Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa. Film portrays the story of uneducated man, who lives in Philadelphia as working class boxer. He started out as small time boxer but makes his way to World Heavyweight Championship by pushing himself beyond his limits and overcoming every obstacle that in his life and career as professional boxer.
Rocky Balboa is an inspirational character, one who never gives up and has courage to get up every time he gets knocked down. Rocky Balboa’s character established the career of Sylvester Stallone in Hollywood and considered as one of the iconic roles played by him. The first Rocky (1976) was made in $1 Million budget and film has grossed over whopping $225 Million worldwide and also won 3 Oscars including Best Picture.
Rocky Balboa teaches us lot of things such as keeping faith in yourself even when the things are going south in life, never give up attitude, never give up on your dreams because dreams are the only things which keeps us alive and how to be calm and kind.
Rocky series are must watch movies for everyone whenever you feel low in your life. These movies are powerhouse of inspiration. Let’s take a look at some of the best Rocky Balboa Quotes.
List of 12 Iconic Rocky Balboa Quotes On Life and Struggle
1. “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done”
2. “Until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life”
3. “Ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!”
4. “Because if you’re willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who’s got the right to stop you?”
5. “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can. That’s what makes all the difference in your life”
6. “It’s your right to listen to your gut, it ain’t nobody’s right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!”
7. “The last thing to age on somebody is their heart”
8. “Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up”
9. “If I can change and you can change, everybody can change”
10. “There is always somebody out there. Always. And when that time comes and you find something standing if front of you, something that ain’t running and ain’t backing up and is hitting on you and your too damn tired to breathe. You find that situation on you, that good, Cuz that’s baptism under fire! Oh you get thru that and you find the only kind of respect that matters in this world, Self respect.”
11. “No, maybe I can’t win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he’s got. But to beat me, he’s gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he’s gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he’s gotta be willing to die himself and I don’t know if he’s ready to do that. I don’t know, I don’t know”
12. “Nobody owes nobody nothing. You owe yourself”
Last thing to my readers, I would like to hear from you…
Let me know in comments, Which of the above Rocky Balboa quotes you like the most ?
If you like the post , don’t forget to share.
Image Credit : Unsplash
Latest posts by Neeraj Kaple (see all)
- Zen Sayings : 56 Famous Zen Quotes To Make Your Life Simple - April 3, 2017
- Best William Shakespeare Quotes : 36 Famous Quotes on Life and Love - April 2, 2017
- Best Breaking Bad Quotes : 23 Walter White And Jesse Pinkman Quotes - April 2, 2017