Abraham Lincoln was the 16 President of United States. The self taught lawyer from Illinois led United States through Civil War and brought about the emancipation of slaves
One of my favorite President of United States, due to his remarkable impact on country and unique methods to do it.
I think his story is a perfect example of rising from humble starting and then reach to one of the top most position in America.
I think it is the difference of thinking, which made him President:
- Spend Life to Serve Others
- Not able to see slavery ,because its injustice to anyone’s basic human rights
- To make a world better place to live, with the help of peace/non-violence
Imagine if every one of us would have thoughts like this, isn’t the World would become more beautiful.
As he was physically higher (6 Feet-4 Inch height), he was more higher in his thoughts .
Let’s take a look inside the mind of most influential people of his era.
17 Abraham Lincoln Influential Wisdom
1. “Whatever you are, be a good one”
2. “Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing”
3. “I walk slowly, but I never walk backward”
4. “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion”
5. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle”
6. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other”
7. “I do the very best I know how – the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end”
8. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on”
9. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life”
10. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”
11. “Achievement has no color”
12. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come”
13. “The best way to predict your future is to create it”
14. “Every man’s happiness is his own responsibility”
15. “We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it”
16. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well”
17. “And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years”
Last thing to my readers , I would like to hear from you…
Let me know in comments, Which of the above quotes you like the most ?
If you like the post , don’t forget to share.
Source : Wikipedia
Latest posts by Neeraj Kaple (see all)
- Zen Sayings : 56 Famous Zen Quotes To Make Your Life Simple - April 3, 2017
- Best William Shakespeare Quotes : 36 Famous Quotes on Life and Love - April 2, 2017
- Best Breaking Bad Quotes : 23 Walter White And Jesse Pinkman Quotes - April 2, 2017