As we know, Change is the only thing which is constant and it will going to happen in your life whether you like it or not. It’s better to be ready for that rather than getting an unexpected surprise in life /work.
Book has sold more than 26 million copies worldwide in 37 languages and remains one of the bestselling books of all time.
Story revolves around four character in this book, two mice and two little people who also lives in maze and are looking for the cheese which they think makes them happy . Here Cheese is a metaphor for the things which you want in your life and makes us happy like financial success, a relationship, a job, a big house, freedom, health, recognition, spiritual peace, or even an activity like jogging or golf and maze where you are actually looking around. It can be anything like Organization, community in which you live or the relationship you have in your life.
But when the situation changes how these characters react to the situation that is described in this book. That’s the same principles we should adopt in our life to deal with change.
Book Story is being used in Business seminars, Life counseling session and many numerous events.
I have collected the core teachings from this book , which we can go through every day and keep these important lessons in mind to deal with change in a better way.
Remember Cheese is here Metaphor for the things which you want to have in life, it can be anything .
13 Life Lessons From Book “Who Moved My Cheese ?”
1. “If you do not change, you can become extinct”
Meaning : When things get change you should get changed as well, adapt yourself accordingly otherwise you will leave behind .
2. “What would you do if you were not afraid?”
Meaning : Sometimes some amount of fear can be good because you think that what worse can happen and it will set you in prompt action.But it is not good ,when you are so afraid it keeps you doing nothing . You should not be afraid in taking risks in your life ,when its necessary.
3. “Smell the cheese often, so you know when it is getting old”
Meaning : Monitor change in your cheese and prepare yourself accordingly, so when change in your cheese will happen, you will be ready for it.
4. “When you move beyond fear, you feel free”
Meaning : You have to let go of your fear, and shift your focus from what goes wrong to what will go right and then only you will be able to give your 100%.
5. “Imagining myself enjoying new cheese even before I find it leads me to it”
Meaning : Dream about those things which you want in life, because when you feel having your cheese then it will lead to your cheese quickly.
6. “The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you find new cheese”
Meaning :Don’t hold on to things in your life when change happens that will only waste your time , energy and you will feel disappointed. Instead quickly take an action to move on and again make yourself busy in searching of new cheese.
7. “It is safer to search in maze, than remain in a cheese less situation”
Meaning : You have to keep moving in life searching for your cheese instead of sitting and folding your hands and worrying about it what you lost.
8. “Old belief do not led you to new cheese”
Meaning :Old methods will not give the new results , in order to get new cheese , you need to change your old routine and modify it to get new cheese.
9. “When you see that you can find and enjoy new cheese, you change course”
Meaning : When you get this belief in yourself that you can get your cheese and having it will make you happy , then you definitely get your cheese and change your life again.
10. “Noticing small changes early helps, you adapt to the bigger changes that are to come”
11. “What you are afraid of is never as bad as what you imagine. The fear you let build up in your mind is worse than the situation that actually exists”
13. “Move with the cheese”
Meaning : Life Moves on and so should we.
Last thing to my readers , I would like to hear from you…
Let me know in comments, Which of the above quotes you like the most ?
If you like the post , don’t forget to share.
Source : Wikipedia
Latest posts by Neeraj Kaple (see all)
- Zen Sayings : 56 Famous Zen Quotes To Make Your Life Simple - April 3, 2017
- Best William Shakespeare Quotes : 36 Famous Quotes on Life and Love - April 2, 2017
- Best Breaking Bad Quotes : 23 Walter White And Jesse Pinkman Quotes - April 2, 2017